When I sit down to really think about what I'm thankful for. I come up kind of short and then I think about the people who have touched my life so much that it's worth posting about. Thanksgiving was a little hard this year for me. I live 4,000 miles away from my wonderful family whom, I've done thanksgiving with for 20 years before now. it's all I've known. so not doing that this year feels somewhat strange and scary I guess. Michael's Friend and his wife invited us over to share thanksgiving dinner with them. it was pleasant and it was nice, but nothing like being at home. I miss playing Skip bo after dinner and having Dessert. I miss Making cookies and hanging out with people who have been there through so much.
so when I sit down to think about it. I'm thankful for:
My Children: My Children are the greatest thing to ever happen to me. they are that ray of sunshine I need every day to make me happy and smiling. they complete my life in so many ways and I am so incredibly blessed to have them in my life. I don't know what I would do without them. they make life perfect. whether they are being the sweetest angels on the planet or the biggest hellions in the history of child kind. I am so very proud of them though and I am so very happy and thankful that I am their mother.
My Mother and Father: quite possibly the greatest parents ever. they have never ceased to always be my side when I've needed them the most, they make up a huge part of who I am today, and I am incredibly thankful, that they are my parents. I owe them so much and I have so much gratitude for them. I am so glad that they are the ones who have guided me into my right decisions and never ceasing to help me through and encourage me to make the right decision after I've made the wrong ones. I have all of their best (and sometimes worst) qualities. like being stubborn, sometimes, I'm thankful that I got that from my father, as raising two boys, I'm sure that will come in handy some day. I am thankful that they have taught me and helped me be the person I am sitting here typing this, and I love them.
My Grandparents: the only grandparents I've ever really gotten the chance to know and love. but they are the best grandparents anyone could have. they are the sweetest most kind people I've ever known and I am so thankful for everything that they do and what they've done for my children, my husband and I. I love them so much more than I could ever be able to show.
My Sister: Her and I have certainly had our differences. but she has made all the difference in my life. I love her to pieces and I am very thankful that she is my sister.
My Array Of friends: There are some girls that I chat with online that are my closest friends. I really enjoy talking to them a majority of the time and they can make gloomy days seem brighter when I'm feeling alone or lost.
My Once was best friend: This one is kind of difficult for me. I've made choices that I'm not exactly proud of when it comes to her. and there's nothing I can do about it as I've only ever had her best interest at heart. she would call it betrayal, me talking to her husband, while they are having a hard time and trying to help work everything out. sometimes. it's a good thing and it's a bad thing. I only did it because I cared and do care about her. I found out many sad things that I didn't want to know about her. about how her issues in her life are affecting her. the problem was, was that she is/was my best friend and from the day I've met her I can only recall less than a handful of times that she's ever confided in me like best friends should. like I did with her. sometimes I felt like she was my best friend, but I was not hers. the reason why she's made it to this blog, to this post even after our falling out, was because of all the great times I did have with her and I'm thankful for them. because at one point, I could have said that I knew her, which I really didn't(hindsight IS 20/20), but I felt like I did and I felt happy that she was my best friend but since our relationship is now mostly non-existent. it's sad. I miss her. but there is one point where you just can't keep continuing the evasiveness, and the omissions. she will be missed, and I am thankful that she once was my best friend.
I am thankful to Honor, Melissa, Sapphire, My Aunt Linda, Freckles, My Aunt Sue, and many many other people and friends and family. thank you for everything.
and lastly....
I am thankful for my husband: I've never loved anyone the way that I love him. I've never been so completely part of someones life, which life, eventually turned into our life. he has given me the two most amazing gifts I could ever ask for. I am thankful for him. whether I may not always show it, as he doesn't always show it to me. I am thankful that he works so hard, and makes the sacrifice to work 240 miles away every other cycle to provide for this family, so that I can stay home to satiate my fear of daycares or other people. I am thankful that he loves me. I may not always be the greatest wife, but I do try hard enough. I just wish that sometimes I could be more for him. cause I certainly know that I can be moody and grouchy and he doesn't get that. but I am so very thankful that he is in my life. I'm thankful for June 25th 2005 and every day since then. I am so completely and utterly in love with him. and I am so thankful, despite our issues, that he is my husband. <3
Thursday, November 27, 2008
What I am Thankful for....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment