Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life, Kids Driving me Crazy and The SUV debate...

So things with two kids alone, is much worse than the normal, 4 days of being alone with them is fine. no problem. My kids don't:

1. purposely step on crackers and smoosh them into my laminate floor, as if the floor isn't unclean enough as it is.

2. smooshing in blueberries into my Dining room carpet. thank HEAVENS the carpet is dark because it would be so not fun to have to clean it out of a cream colored carpet.

3. purposely poking each other in the eyes, pushing each other off the couch, GETTING UP ON MY TABLE!, hitting each other. I mean the normal, yeah they do this, but it's not like all freaking day long like it is now.

4. All they want is their daddy. "No! Daddy do it!".. I hear it all day long.

I don't know if I can make it to the 30th. I just have no idea.

OH, and not to mention.

my husband and I have been throwing having another baby back and forth. I, The SMARTER one..okay maybe smarter is not the right word...how about... The One with more common sense..No. The Wiser one yeah. there we go. we have been having the SUV debate lately. I think it would be wiser to buy an SUV. it will fit THREE car seats and company, when company comes to visit. The Vehicle I'm looking at TELLS you how many MPG it gets, and it's a HYBRID Vehicle. Most of the recent Chevrolet Suburbans get about 19-20 MPG on the highway and in the City. and I don't even know if it being a Hybrid would make a difference. but someone I talked to said his Suburban gets 19-20 on the city and on the highway. plus it has dvd players in it. I know the floor models are 53 Thousand. I didn't say I wanted a brand new one. I'm cool with getting a used one. but according to my husband, and SUV is NOT a good idea and we should just use both vehicles when we go places...

Yes... you heard right.... he wants to drive TWO vehicles everywhere.....with three kids.

is he nuts?

Not to mention that we would be putting double mileage on our sedans, we'd be filling both tanks as regularly which. would equate out to the same amount we'd pay in gas in an SUV.....

HELLO!!! EARTH TO HUSBAND!

What happens when he has to go to school again, or does eventually deploy or, WHATEVER. what am I supposed to do?

please tell me I'm being the wiser one in this sitation.....

oh crap. I gotta go. my kids took all the wipes out of a wipe container......shoot.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Both vehicles? That's dumb. If it's the money he's worried about, taking both cars everywhere would sort of negate the money concerns.

What about a crossover of some sort? Not quite so big, and maybe a little better on the gas, but still larger than a sedan. My mom has an Acadia- which, yeah, is top of the line and about a bajillion dollars but it's so freakin comfortable. I rode all the way to and from So. Cal. in the back seat of that- 12 hours or so each way- and it was the most comfortable car ride I've ever had.

Lesslie said...

I'll have to look at a Crossover, I am obviously going to check it out. I think a mini van would be useless up here, they are lightweight and have hardly any traction. an SUV would be beneficial up here in the winter and it won't blow all over the road with our strong winds.

I prefer a SUV, what about when my kids get older and I have to cart around other kids, or when he changes his career and is gone a lot or possibly deployed (which could happen if he goes into what he's been wanting to) by then.. money really wouldn't be an issue.

I mean.. I'm totally not being the unreasonable one here.. besides... being with my kids for 9 weeks straight might be good enough birth control for me.

Lesslie said...

The Acadia Seats eight. Would you possibly be able to get a picture of the inside of your moms car sometime so I can see? since the stock pictures don't show the inside.. :|

Lesslie said...

nevermind. I found the 360. I wouldn't mind that. at all.