Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I was going to add this to the pictures post but it was just super duper long and thought a break up might be a little easier to read.

I know I haven't updated in awhile. We've been kind of busy between painting and just spending quality time as a family. we recently took the kids hiking for the first time down in Palmer. they did really well with it and walked the whole way. I was especially surprised at Lincoln, because, he just didn't seem like the type who could walk consecutively for a mile. but he did! Michael has 2 weeks off of Leave coming up so we'll be doing lots of things outside, including hiking, taking the kids to the park, flying kites, and things of that nature. we are really trying to put forth an effort to do things this coming summer and not be parked in doors or in front of the television ( I am guilty of this, too, I like watching certain shows or movies)

We are Painting our Kitchen/Living Room/ Dining Room and Hallway. it is proving harder than I thought it would be because the paint is not covering the walls well at all. Michael and I painted Half of the kitchen and half of the dining room last night. we are hopefully going to finish the entire job while Michael is on Leave and then it's onto the next project of going through and figuring out what we're keeping and what we're ditching in the Yard Sale we plan on having.

We have also figured out a slow but sure way to eliminate some of the bills we have so that we can start to save up to make the fixes around this house and to make the yard what we dream it will be (I have been making rough plans of what I would LIKE our yard to be.. but it will be $$$$ to fix it all. (yes, Mom, That includes a fence around the entire yard, privacy style) the guy who built this house (calling him a builder would give him too much credit), left one heck of a mess of a yard for us to take care of. we have already replaced two lights in our bedroom and bathroom, our next plan of action is replacing the light over the sink in our bathroom and putting up a gutter along the back of the house. and from there, I don't know. It is inevitable that we will be in this house for quite awhile. so we might as well make this house up to our liking so that when the next person who buys this house is happy with it and is not as disappointed as we are with it.

I joined a weight loss challenge at the local scrapbook store. I've been cutting down big time on what I'm eating and exercises every day. the challenge runs from 4/2 to 6/2. I am hoping I can drop some of these extra lbs. I am just tired of being tired all of the time, and chubby to boot.

Michael is awaiting on news on whether or not he was selected for the Tech Sgt Stripe where he works or another job he put in for down in Anchorage.. I hope he gets the job in Anchorage. it would be SOOO nice to have him home every night. Thankfully, our relationship has been pretty amazing lately. lot less arguing and more loving and spending time together which suits me fine!

We have definitely decided to wait on the baby front. ( No, Mom, the Antibiotics did not make me pregnant, just saying) a lot was up in the air might I think it would be in the best interest of the boys to wait. they have such a good relationship together.

anyway, it's late and I should really be getting to bed.

0 comments: